Save or Splurge?

23.1.15





Now we all love a bit of luxury & we all love a splurge, but when I find a dupe that not only packs a punch but has a great price I can't help but to get excited. So at Christmas time whilst browsing the various scents & candles that Jo Malone has to offer I fell in love with the Blackberry & Bay Cologne, but I didn't fall in love with the £82 - per 100ml price tag. But hay it's Christmas right? We all love something special at Christmas time. Before deciding if I wanted to buy the fragrance I decided to pop to Boots & have a look around at all the gift sets when I happened to stumble upon the Florence Anne Fragrance section, now I'd never heard of this brand within Boots before but I couldn't help but to notice how the style of the range was slightly similar to Jo Malone. I went on smelling the candles & spraying away at the perfumes. That's when I found the Blackcurrant & Fig perfume & boy was I blown away! The scent is gorgeous & starts of smelling quite fresh but gets fruitier as it matures. It's priced at £10 per 45ml they also have candles in the range that start at £12. Which obviously is quite a difference in comparison to the Jo Malone range. 
Now by no means am I saying that this little brand beats Jo Malone because it quite obviously doesn't but it does slightly rival it, it has the look & most certainly has the scent. I think it would make a lovely gift especially package wise, it's really pretty. So maybe before jumping in & splashing out on Jo Malone on a perfume you might only wear once or twice, or purchasing a candle you'll be crying every time you light. I urge you to pop to Boots & give this range a try, because I can guarantee you'll certainly be as surprised as much as I was. 


Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it and read all comments. If you have any questions feel free to email me on hicks.soffie@hotmail.co.uk xo

Back To Top